(Sr.) Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Location: Boulder, CO
About the position
Enliven Therapeutics is dedicated to advancing small molecule drug development programs in oncology. We are looking for a talented (Sr.) Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry to join our Chemistry team. This individual responsible for the efficient design and synthesis of novel compounds for ongoing and emerging projects, identification, and application of SAR to compound design, and team-driven optimization of clinical candidates. Responsibilities will also translation to large scale chemistries of successful candidates, and contribution to patent and publication preparation. This position reports to the VP of Chemistry.
- Utilize synthetic organic chemistry to investigate, identify, develop, and optimize methods
- Initiate and execute the design, synthesis, purification and characterization of organic small molecules via multi-step synthesis
- Propose and explore alternative synthetic routes and synthetic strategies, troubleshoot reactions and multistep reaction sequences
- Generation of new scientific synthetic and medicinal chemistry proposals for lead optimization efforts
- Contribute ideas for novel small molecules based on SAR, X-Ray crystallography and scientific literature
- Maintain close collaborations with fellow chemists and researchers across disciplines in a team environment
- Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature and incorporate into individual project(s) as well as the overall program
- Engage in medicinal chemistry discussions, prepare and present research results in chemistry and project team meetings
- Prepare and deliver scientific presentations and data to colleagues within and outside the company
- Maintain clear, detailed, and up-to-date records of research using electronic laboratory notebooks
- BS, MS, or PhD in Organic Chemistry or related field with typically, 5+ (BS), 3+ (MS) or 0-2+ (PhD) years of experience; Postdoctoral or pharmaceutical industry experience preferable
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve key scientific hurdles by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to develop, implement and clearly communicate chemistry strategies and progress to team
- Build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of teams to enable high performance
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
- Familiarity with safe and efficient laboratory practices
- General scientific computer and software application proficiency
Interested applicants, please send resume to: email@example.com
Enliven Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen.
Enliven Therapeutics does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies for this position. Recruiters, please do not send resumes to Enliven employees or to the company location. Enliven is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.