Senior Scientist, Biology
Location: Boulder, CO
About the position
Enliven Therapeutics is dedicated to advancing small molecule drug development programs in oncology. This role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and energetic scientist to not only apply their expertise in cell biology and cancer but also to gain valuable experience in the fundamentals of small molecule drug discovery as we advance our targeted therapies from the lab into the clinic. The candidate will be directly responsible for elucidating the biology around our targets to confirm their therapeutic utility and inform on a clinical strategy. These efforts include the design and execution of experiments (biochemical and cell-based) to validate the therapeutic relevance of specific mechanisms of action, identify or confirm target patient populations, predict potential mechanisms of resistance and evaluate drug combination opportunities.
- Leverage expertise, delve into the literature or reach out to thought leaders to identify key scientific questions related to target biology, then devise/execute experiments to answer these questions
- Analyze and interpret resultant data in a highly rigorous fashion to inform on the design of follow-on experiments to further refine our understanding of target biology and guide future strategic direction
- Assist in the development and running of quantitative cell-based assays to support drug discovery projects
- Provide strategic and/or technical support to various project teams as necessary
- Contribute to written and oral presentations for both internal and external purposes
- Share expertise with organization, particularly in a mentoring/teaching capacity
- PhD with a minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience in the field of cell biology and/or cancer with a strong publication record in top-tier journals
- Ability to design and execute experiments with a high degree of rigor and independence
- Strong experience in tissue culture techniques including primary and established cell lines, 2D and 3D culture
- Well-versed in a variety of molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA purification, PCR and RT-PCR
- Expertise in genetic manipulation of cells such as transient transfection, viral transduction, stable cell line generation, CRISPR and shRNA-mediated gene knockdown
- Proficiency in standard cell-biology techniques such as Western blotting, ELISAs, cell proliferation, fluorescent microscopy and flow cytometry
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as well as basic statistical analysis software (e.g. PRISM, ExcelFit)
- Mentor junior scientists within the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment with flexibility and a willingness to take on new challenges
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week). Occasional evening, weekend, holiday, and on-call work may be required as job duties demand.
Salary range: $90,000 to $150,000. Level and salary will depend on experience level.
Interested applicants, please send resume to: email@example.com
Enliven Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen.
Enliven Therapeutics does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies for this position. Recruiters, please do not send resumes to Enliven employees or to the company location. Enliven is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.